While your neighbors’ electricity bills are rising, you can still do something about yours. You just have to discover the best ways to save electricity at home and make them a habit. Maintaining these simple habits would help significantly reduce your energy consumption at home. Read on for some helpful tips to get you started.
If you use Electric Saver, your appliances can become more energy efficient. It also helps increase the life expectancy of the home appliances. You will be protected from power surges and wasted energy. If you do experience brownouts, Electric Saver can help.
Here are some helpful tips to lowering energy bills:
- Always unplug appliances when they are not in use. Even if they are turned off, they are still consuming electricity.
- Put away your chargers until you use them. Although you might need them to charge your personal gadgets, don’t plug them in until you actually need them.
- Switch off home theater equipment, TV, or stereos. If they stay on standby mode, their accumulated consumption might amount to a 75-watt bulb that is turned on continuously.
- Set your power settings in your computer when they are still not in use. An hour of inactivity should automatically turn the computer off. You can do the configuration through the energy management system of the computer.
- Enable hibernate mode feature if computer inactivity reaches 15 minutes or more. It saves you energy and time compared to shutting the computer down completely. It would keep the opened tabs intact even when the system is hibernating.
- Take advantage of the sunlight. Instead of letting your heater work endlessly, open the windows and let the light and warm air in. At night, close the windows and their shades or blinds to retain the heat within the house.
- During the summer, give your A/C system a break by making sure the windows, shades or blinds are closed. This would seal off the cool air from going out and the warm air from coming in.
- Let your water heater run at 120 to 130 degrees. This would stop you from using more electricity to heat the water for your dishwasher or to heat more water once you run out of hot water.
- Always turn off the lights in empty, unused rooms.
- Make full use of the daylight.
- Set the freezer in 0 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit and the refrigerator temperature in 38 to 42 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure the door is closed tightly.
- Dry your laundry in the clothesline instead of fully depending on the dryer.
- Avoid preheating the oven or constantly peeking in to check the food.
- Use cold water for washing and rinsing the clothes.
If you practice these things at home, you will see a reduction in your energy consumption. Want to Start Saving Money and Electricity the Easy Way? Click The Buy Now Button below:
We hope you enjoyed our post! For some excellent energy saving ideas, visit our site Electric Saver 1200 and don’t forget to claim your free gift & follow our blog to lower bills 🙂 All the Best to you & Yours!
Blog post 14 Easy Ways to Lowering Electricity Bills- #13 is Unusual 🙂 was originally seen here ES1200’s Electricity Saving Blog